S185 Diversion Agreement

If you need help with your application or would like more information about the channel`s deviations, please contact the team at seweradoptions@uuplc.co.uk. If the location of a public channel prevents your site from expanding or if your land extension progresses, it may be possible to redirect the channel. To do this, you must enter into a legal agreement with us. You should provide all the information listed in these guidelines, as the estimate is based on it. Subsequent requests for additional routes or other routes or revised estimates will be subject to additional charges. Once this information is obtained, we will review the options and inform you within 28 days if your suggestions are acceptable. At the same time, we will provide you with our estimate for the work (if they are not yours) and the necessary costs. You should be aware that any deviation from the standard agreement may affect the operating program and projected costs. As part of a Section 104 agreement, established by the proponent in connection with the supposed sewers. Please note that all legal fees are charged separately by Southern Water`s lawyer and must be paid before the end of the contract.

If we accept (in writing) a developer to build the canal bypass, they will have to enter into a legal agreement and their contractor will have to complete an application for permission to work on a public channel form (PDF 270 KB will be opened in a new window). You and/or your contractor cannot complete the work on public sewers without our prior approval. Our deviation guide (S185) (PDF 126 KB opens in a new window) provides all the information needed for a deviation from the channel. Buildings must be located at least three metres from the diverted sewers, where the depth of the ground up to the invert evacuation level is less than three metres. Greater depth, large sewers, unusual soil profile or material may require greater distance. Once the work is completed, the unnecessary sections of the existing public sewers will be secured by the removal of the soil. Three complete sets of drawings thus designed, showing the bypass work and health and safety records, as provided for by the construction regulations and the 2015 administrative regulation, will also be required. You can then fill out a channel deviation application form (S185) (PDF 223 KB will be opened in a new window). You will find our technical drawing requirements in our detailed “Developer Services Construction” document (PDF 2.181 KB will be opened in a new window). Before a diversion is considered by the water department, we would arrange a written request with a location plan and a development of the construction site, with details of the sewers that run through the site and the diversion route (s). As a major diversion of the canal, built by the water department or by the developer under the control of the water management authority and supported by a legal agreement, developers interested in land containing a public channel can request a diversion of the canal so that the development work planned in Section 185 of the Water Industry Act 1991 can move forward.